- You can hear people but they sound like they talk with a mouthful of marbles.
- You can’t understand people when they try to whisper a sweet nothing in your ear.
- Having a conversation with someone in another room is unheard of. Who can understand someone in another room??
- You can’t understand people who do not have good eye contact and do not face you.
- Your volume on your television is turned up so loudly no one wants to watch it with you. You also miss the punch line during Modern Family while the rest of your family laughs hysterically.
- You are the outcast at the party because you can’t understand what people are saying and no one wants to be the outcast. Easier to say nothing than the wrong thing!
- Plays what are plays? I don’t go to those type of things because I can’t understand anything anyways.
- I just cook for myself. Why go to a restaurant for dinner if I can’t understand the people I am eating with and enjoy the conversation?
- When listening to music you always confuse the words. (I’m still trying to figure out if I just can’t understand the words or I like to make them up).
- You hearing ringing or buzzing in your ears. No that is not outer space sending you a secret message.
If you answer yes to three or more of these, you should visit an audiologist. Getting checked early and doing something about it, is the first step to better hearing. I promise you, your family, spouse, and friends will thank you for it!
Hearing Loss Screening for Older Adults — PodBlog.
Why Won’t They Get Hearing Aids? – NYTimes.com.
Symptoms of Hearing Loss | Hearing Loss Association of America.
10 Things You May Not Know About Your Ears | The Official ReSound Blog.
Signs Of Hearing Loss, Early, Warning, Hearing Impaired Signs.